American History Scholarship
Originally published 09/27/2017
Vaughn Davis Bornet
Just consider the names of historians writing then: C. Vann Woodward, Kenneth Stampp, John Hope Franklin, Thomas Bailey, Daniel Boorstin, Edmund Morgan, Robert V. Bruce, Richard Hofstadter, Edward C. Kirkland, and many more.
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89