SOURCE: History channel
Melvil Dewey is remembered today as an innovator who ushered American librarianship into the modern age, but his pattern of sexual harassment was so egregious that women dared to speak out against it, at a time when women were harshly judged for reporting sexual harassment.
Dr. William V. Harris, a renowned Greco-Roman historian, was accused of harassing grad students.
NYT details the complaints against Greco-Roman historian William V. Harris.
SOURCE: Law firm of Sanford Heisler Sharp (Press Release)
"In the wake of a lawsuit alleging that tenured professor William V. Harris sexually harassed a female graduate student, Columbia University yesterday announced that Harris was withdrawing from teaching and all other student-related activities.”
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel