SOURCE: New York Times
by Garry Wills
The historian of Catholicism argues that the US Bishops' demand to deny communion to Joe Biden over his abortion policies rests on a shoddy understanding of the Church's own history with the issue.
by Joshua Ward Jeffery
"Original Sin" is a fit metaphor for longstanding inequities in American society, but it's important to understand that the original sin is settler colonialism and the seizure of indigenous land, which American civic religion has been all too willing to accommodate.
by Andrew Joseph Pegoda
Historical amnesia and everyday privilege are what make it seem to some Christians that end prophecies are actively in progress.
by Ed Simon
One celebrates the founding of the USSR, the other Protestantism. They involve theology (as does all politics).
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right