SOURCE: The Cavalier Daily
Ibram X. Kendi tells UVA crowd we need a national conversation about whether we should be memorializing Jefferson
He suggested that students at the University of Virginia should lead the way.
The Times devoted an entire page to the response.
"Mr. Trump, I suspect, will go to his grave with his heart beating in denial of the ill will of racism. Many others will as well."
In an interview Ibram X. Kendi says racism so infuses society that even liberals like Ruth Benedict couldn’t escape its assumptions
"I think most people who are operating within racial justice spaces, or outside of them, have never really sat down to define a racist idea and thereby apply that definition to their ideas.”
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
The 2016 National Book Award-winning author of Stamped From the Beginning talks about the unrelenting racism of America's past and present.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers