Originally published 10/09/2017
Basheer Nafi: There is no official evidence that Britain supported the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine through the Balfour Declaration
An exchange of 1919 letters between UK foreign secretary Lord Balfour and Lord Curzon reveal British reservations over the idea of Jewish state, he says.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”