SOURCE: The Guardian
Joanne Freeman: Violent Rhetoric in Congress is Meant to Intimidate Enemies Into Silence
"I suppose that’s what we’re going to see now; the person who does that kind of bullying and that kind of threatening gets a good degree of support for it."
SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
Gosar's Video No Joke; Displays the Violent Impulses in the GOP
by Jean Guerrero
Jason Stanley offers context on the normalization of violence through political rhetoric.
Congressman: Holocaust Survivor Is a Nazi Collaborator Who Organized Charlottesville Rallies
Rep. Paul Gosar is pushing conspiracy theories popularized by 9/11 Truther Alex Jones about the August white supremacist rallies in Charlottesville.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of