In terms of the total number of lost hours of electricity, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are in the midst of the largest blackout in US history, according to a report from an economic research company.
by Ronald L. Feinman
Would he go all out to help if they were attacked in a war with North Korea?
by Lillian Guerra
History calls on us to act.
by Stuart B. Schwartz
The island’s political and financial crisis and its problematic political status makes coping with disaster very difficult.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Brock Long's comments attracted scorn on Twitter, where many pointed out that the U.S. had managed many complex logistical arrangements decades before.
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses