SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
"What we teach in the liberal arts — hermeneutics, history, and theory — are intended to help you do this. Professional schools don’t teach these things. You are not going to learn them anywhere else."
by Marcos Sorrilha Pinheiro
Given Brazil's history, it is fully understandable that its current president, a retired military man from the Brazilian middle class, has a genuine admiration for Trump and his followers.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
by Niall Ferguson
This illegal “side door” into college came into existence because the back door of a fat donation — like the $2.5 million paid by Jared Kushner’s father to Harvard — isn’t 100 percent reliable.
SOURCE: Christianity Today
by Paul Putz and Hunter Hampton
America's obsession with football is nearly as old as the game itself.
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses