Branch Rickey; Jackie Robinson; Daily Worker; Gene Hermanski; Ralph Branca
Originally published 11/18/2013
Steven M. Gillon
The Warren Commission painted him as a disaffected sociopath. But Oswald actually had a political reason to kill JFK: to impress Castro.
Originally published 09/06/2017
There's No There There
It happened in Brooklyn!
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90
- Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101