In the Shadows of the American Century
Originally published 11/27/2017
Historian Alfred McCoy discusses his new book, the deep state, and Donald Trump’s threats to the US position as a global power
"We are certainly witnessing the end of the US empire, but not empire as a form of global governance."
Originally published 09/04/2017
In a new book he reveals that the agency tried to stop him from reporting on the opium epidemic among US troops in Vietnam.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism