SOURCE: Time Magazine
Brock Long's comments attracted scorn on Twitter, where many pointed out that the U.S. had managed many complex logistical arrangements decades before.
FEMA was the result of Jimmy Carter’s efforts to restore some primacy to civil defense planning, bringing it back into the spotlight after years of diminishing budgets.
- Louisiana Governor to Decide Posthumous Pardon for Homer Plessy
- Brown Issues Expanded Report on University's Involvement with Slavery
- Michael Schuman: Xi's New China is Terrifying
- U. of Florida Dean Says He Was Directed to Reject Professor’s Request to Testify Against the State
- Ed Bullins, Leading Playwright of the Black Arts Movement, Dies at 86
- "Hail Mary" Sets the Record Straight on the Women's Football League of the 1960s
- Jeopardy! To Host Tournament of Professors
- Tim Snyder: "It Turns Out People Really Like Democracy"
- Direct Action: The Practical Politics of Protest
- Unenforceable Racial Covenants are Still Part of Property Deeds Across America