Originally published 11/18/2013
Alan Taylor already won a Pulitzer in 1996 -- now he's up for the National Book Award for "The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832."
Originally published 08/16/2017
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
Trump was failing a basic obligation of leadership. He did not pay tribute to virtue.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”