by HNN Staff
Tweets and retweets from historians on both the left and the right.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Long a haven for racists – it was the last town in America to desegregate schools following the Supreme Court’s ruling on Brown v. Board of Education – Charlottesville turned liberal and this spring voted to remove a Confederate monument to Robert E. Lee.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
The use of medieval references by the alt-right, along with the traditional insularity of the field, prompts some scholars to argue for more diversity among scholars and scholarship.
by Christopher Caldwell
The German historian who took his own life last year has become a hero of the extreme right. But does he deserve their praise?
- Archivist and bookseller plead guilty to pilfering $8M in rare texts from Carnegie Library
- The chief justice who presided over the first presidential impeachment trial thought it was political spectacle
- Hundreds of Britons Volunteered for a Diary-Keeping Project in 1937. They Left an Invaluable Record of World War II
- Fact check: After Pearl Harbor, Japanese didn't invade US because they feared armed citizens?
- How Political Divides Shape U.S. History Lessons
- AHA Encourages History Departments to Provide Full Library Access to Alumni and to Unaffiliated Historians in their Regions
- Clayborne Carson Interviewed by World Socialist Web Site on 1619 Project
- “A staggering tour de force – but an opportunity missed”: a historian’s review of the film 1917
- NY Journal of Books Reviews Wilmington's Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy
- AHA Enrollment Study Finds History Enrollments Hold Study as Department Efforts Intensify