by HNN Staff
Tweets and retweets from historians on both the left and the right.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Long a haven for racists – it was the last town in America to desegregate schools following the Supreme Court’s ruling on Brown v. Board of Education – Charlottesville turned liberal and this spring voted to remove a Confederate monument to Robert E. Lee.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
The use of medieval references by the alt-right, along with the traditional insularity of the field, prompts some scholars to argue for more diversity among scholars and scholarship.
by Christopher Caldwell
The German historian who took his own life last year has become a hero of the extreme right. But does he deserve their praise?
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation