Conservatives complain about "Duke Historian Nancy Maclean's Wacky Conspiracy Theory"
by David E. Bernstein
They don't like her recent book and dismiss her comments about the recent split between the Koch brothers and Donald Trump.
Duke Historian Nancy MacLean says many architects of the libertarian movement "seem to be on the autism spectrum”
by Troy Earl Camplin
The claim has aroused the ire of both libertarians and autistic people.
Historian Nancy MacLean: We’re under attack “by a right-wing machine”
In an interview she discusses her book “Democracy in Chains” and the evil genius of the Koch brothers’ donor network.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Architect of the Radical Right
by Sam Tanenhaus
How the Nobel Prize–winning economist James M. Buchanan shaped today’s antigovernment politics.
SOURCE: New Republic
Rules for Radicals
by Alan Wolfe
A right-wing economist’s plan to rig democracy for the rich.
NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence
by Heather Boushey
The review was written by an economist.
Review of Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America”
by Ron Briley
The story of MacLean’s discovery of the alliance between an obscure economist and the Koch Brothers.
SOURCE: Rick Perlstein's Facebook page
Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
by Rick Perlstein
"The foundation of the entire book is a conspiracy theory that suggests that if you understand THIS ONE SECRET PLAN, you understand the rise of the right in America in its entirety."
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
Nancy MacLean says before her research she had never heard of the conservative who is front & center in her new book on democracy
She focused on him after discovering information that was “shocking.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Nancy MacLean’s new book "Democracy in Chains" is under attack from the right
She alleges her critics are tied to the Koch network.
NEH and Nancy MacLean blasted in Forbes
by George Leef
MacLean is the author of "Democracy in Chains," a book that takes on the radical right.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"