In an interview she discusses her book “Democracy in Chains” and the evil genius of the Koch brothers’ donor network.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Alan Wolfe
A right-wing economist’s plan to rig democracy for the rich.
NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence
by Heather Boushey
The review was written by an economist.
Review of Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America”
by Ron Briley
The story of MacLean’s discovery of the alliance between an obscure economist and the Koch Brothers.
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
Nancy MacLean says before her research she had never heard of the conservative who is front & center in her new book on democracy
She focused on him after discovering information that was “shocking.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
She alleges her critics are tied to the Koch network.
- Texas School Administrator Uses Holocaust as Example of Including "Opposing" Views
- The Most Important Band of the 80s Broke Up a Decade Before
- Critical Race Fury: The School Board Wars Are Getting Nasty in Texas
- New Research: More Lynchings in Places with More Confederate Monuments
- Ryan Russell: Jon Gruden Emails Should Have Shocked Me. They Didn't
- Divisions: A New History of Racism and Resistance in America’s World War II Military (Washington History Seminar, Mon. Oct. 18)
- Historian Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor on the Structures of Racial Inequality and Social Movements Fighting It
- The Overlooked LGBTQ History of the Harlem Renaissance
- The Homophobic Background to Jim Garrison's Persecution of Clay Shaw
- Review: The Schemes and Ambitions of Joseph P. Kennedy