Democracy in Chains
Historian Nancy MacLean: We’re under attack “by a right-wing machine”
In an interview she discusses her book “Democracy in Chains” and the evil genius of the Koch brothers’ donor network.
SOURCE: New Republic
Rules for Radicals
by Alan Wolfe
A right-wing economist’s plan to rig democracy for the rich.
NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence
by Heather Boushey
The review was written by an economist.
Review of Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America”
by Ron Briley
The story of MacLean’s discovery of the alliance between an obscure economist and the Koch Brothers.
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
Nancy MacLean says before her research she had never heard of the conservative who is front & center in her new book on democracy
She focused on him after discovering information that was “shocking.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Nancy MacLean’s new book "Democracy in Chains" is under attack from the right
She alleges her critics are tied to the Koch network.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations