Originally published 06/26/2017
Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
The book is by English professor Fred Kaplan and was reviewed by Foner in the NYT.
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa