Loving v Virginia
Originally published 06/19/2017
Not Until the Loving Decision Legalizing Interracial Marriage Did the Supreme Court Denounce White Supremacy
What does that tell you?
Originally published 06/14/2017
It was in 1874. The couple? Andrew Kinney, a black man, and Mahala Miller, a white woman.
Originally published 06/13/2017
It’s 50 years since the Supreme Court ruled that blacks and whites have the right to marry each other
Exploring biracial identity and reality in America 50 years after a landmark civil rights milestone.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority