Timothy Snyder's Dire Speculations on the Next Trumpist Coup
The worst-case scenario for 2024 is pretty bad, according to the Yale historian of European fascism.
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
The Electoral Count Act is Broken; History Shows it Always Has Been
by Erik B. Alexander and Rachel Shelden
Much of what we know about the Congressional resolution of the 1876 presidential election is wrong. Rather than a behind-the-scenes compromise, the election was decided in a context of severe vote suppression and partisanship.
Never-Trumpers Keep Insisting that Reaganism Was Not Demagoguery--It Was
by Claire Potter
Robert Kagan's assessment of the risks of a presidential coup in 2024 is strangely silent on the role of his own neoconservative faction in mobilizing grievance politics, and uses poor historical reasoning to try to rescue the Republican Party from association with Trumpism.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Does Comey's Dismissal Fit the Definition of a Constitutional Crisis?
The term is often narrowly described, but under certain circumstances, one can be triggered.
- How Tina Turner Escaped Abuse and Reclaimed her Name
- The Biden Administration Wants to Undo the Damage of Urban Highways. It Won't be Simple
- AAUP: Fight Tooth and Nail Against Florida's Higher Ed Agenda Because Your State is Next
- Texas GOP's Ten Commandments School Bill Fails
- Former Alabama Governors: We Regret Overseeing Executions
- Jeff Sharlet on the Intersectional Erotics of Fascism
- Scholars Stage Teach-in on Racism in DeSantis's Back Yard
- Paul Watanabe, Historian and Manzanar Survivor, Makes Sure History Isn't Forgotten
- Massachusetts-Based Historians: Book Bans in Florida Affect Us, Too
- Deborah Lipstadt's Work Abroad as Antisemitism Envoy Complicated by Definitional Dispute