Annette Gordon Reed
Originally published 09/04/2017
She suggests it’s inaccurate to describe her as a passive actor utterly without agency.
Originally published 08/21/2017
Perhaps coming fully to grips with the paradoxes that Jefferson’s life presents is what being an American is about.
Originally published 05/03/2017
"You can’t let your emotions overtake you so much that you can’t do the work."
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority