Originally published 03/21/2018
Yury Dmitriyev's supporters say the case against him is an attempt by authorities to muzzle the outspoken historian whose research drew international attention to one of the darkest chapters of Russia's history.
Originally published 12/28/2017
Yury Dmitriyev has worked for decades to expose crimes committed by the USSR under dictator Josef Stalin. Allies say the charges are political.
Originally published 04/28/2017
Yury Dmitriyev painstakingly assembled a Book of Remembrance that includes the names of 13,000 Great Terror victims.
- Australian university students dress as Ku Klux Klan and in blackface
- Jefferson’s Monticello finally gives Sally Hemings her place in presidential history
- You Are Never Going to Believe Which Verse Was Most Quoted in American Newspapers Between 1840 and 1920
- Albert Einstein decried racism in America, but was guilty of it himself
- Trump retreats from US moral leadership stance
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says
- Library of Congress to Award Drew Gilpin Faust a $1 Million Prize for Achievement in the Study of Humanity
- Sociologist says northern newspapers should apologize for how THEY covered lynchings
- Julian Zelizer says GOPers like Boehner paved the way for their irrelevance in the age of Trump