US Rep. Barbara Lee was among the few opponents of giving George W. Bush authority to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Her resolution to repeal that legislation now has more than 130 cosponsors.
The strike raises two sets of legal issues.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
by Andrew J. Bacevich
That authority rests with the Congress.
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?