Originally published 11/05/2013
Lucy Hughes-Hallett will be awarded $32,000.
Originally published 10/31/2013
John B. Judis
So why has "The Search for JFK" been unfairly forgotten?
Originally published 02/03/2013
Murray Polner: Review of Aida D. Donald’s “Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman” (Basic Books)
Murray Polner is a regular book reviewer for HNN.
Originally published 11/03/2016
One part totally rational; one part sexist and unfair.
Originally published 08/15/2016
In 1994 Civil Rights legend Rosa Parks had her house broken into and robbed. Then, without any publicity, the car giant stepped in to help.
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad