John Anderson, Who Ran Against Reagan and Carter in 1980, Is Dead at 95
Drawing support from moderate liberal Republicans and liberal Democrats, Mr. Anderson held the spotlight for a while before voters turned to candidates who they believed could actually win.
The Last Serious, Qualified Third-Party Candidate for President Was … ?
by Ronald L. Feinman
John Anderson. He just turned 95.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida