Originally published 03/02/2017
Dickson’s biography of Leo Durocher captures the bright sunshine and optimism of baseball but also its dark side, which is revealed through a man with an inferiority complex and a gambling problem.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism