Originally published 06/08/2017
"The most devastating cuts are aimed at programs for public schools."
Originally published 05/30/2017
David B. Parker
The argument? We can do away with “frills” like music classes.
Originally published 05/23/2017
Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
"The Democratic Party has lost its way on public education."
Originally published 02/28/2017
She praised historically black colleges – which were formed after white colleges blocked blacks from attending – as a positive example of school choice.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”