Originally published 02/05/2018
It’s Black History Month. So it’s time to talk about Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr . . . and also Tom Watson.
Originally published 02/06/2017
This Early 20th Century Southern Narcissist Populist with a Chip on His Shoulder Sounds an Awful Like Donald Trump
James C. Cobb
There’s one big difference between them. Tom Watson was just a senator. Trump can blow up the world.
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama