Originally published 02/27/2017
“Greenhorns like us were the only ones they could get.” – John Nordstrom, founder of the Nordstrom empire.
Originally published 02/23/2017
David B. Parker
We’ve been here before. In the South they stopped blacks from voting without mentioning blacks.
Originally published 02/09/2017
Those Who Deny Succor to the Immigrant in the Name of “The West” Are Themselves Profoundly Anti-Western
America in particular has been multicultural since the beginning.
Originally published 11/08/2013
Jason R. Myers
For one thing, it's not Veterans Day, it's Remembrance Day. For another, it's not an official holiday, even though some 200,000 Irishman fought in World War I.
Originally published 02/12/2017
Getting academics to work together is often, as the old joke goes, like herding cats. So what did it take to get scores of scientific and academic organizations to act together? The answer is President Trump’s January 27 blanket banning, now temporarily stayed by court order, certain groups of Muslims from entering the United States.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism