SOURCE: The Conversation
by Jennifer M. Pacella
In many instances, whistleblowers find the abusive power they have revealed turned against them, both ending their careers and harming their personal lives.
SOURCE: The Harvard Crimson
159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
by Joyce E. Chaplin, Jason Beckfield and Khalil Gibran Muhammad
"We Are Educators, Not Prosecutors"
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
They galvanized Tunisian youth and activists against the brutal dictatorship of Zine el Abidine ben Ali.
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein