Originally published 03/09/2017
Bensoussan was acquitted on Tuesday ending a polarizing trial that observers regarded as a significant test case for determining the boundaries of academic freedom amid growing inter-ethnic tensions.
Originally published 02/09/2017
French Jewish scholar Georges Bensoussan is being sued by Muslim anti-racism groups for saying in a radio debate: “In French Arab families, babies suckle antisemitism with their mothers’ milk.”
Originally published 12/28/2016
Georges Bensoussan's statements were 'dangerous and in line with far-right rhetoric' targeting Muslims, according to the Collective Against Islamophobia.
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89