by Ed Simon
There is a direct ideological thread that runs from the early explorers of the Caribbean and South America and the current environmental catastrophe unfolding in the Brazilian rainforest as fire burns its way across the length of a land which was once called paradise.
The climate change that TIME in the 1980s warned might be possible has already come to pass, and the damage it causes is starkly plain.
by Steve Pyne
What does a full-blown fire age look like? We’re about to find out.
by Stephen J. Pyne
For decades it was convenient to treat those outbreaks as a freak of nature. No more.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream