Stamped From the Beginning
Originally published 10/19/2017
The 2016 National Book Award-winning author of Stamped From the Beginning talks about the unrelenting racism of America's past and present.
Originally published 12/02/2016
He argues in his book, "Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas," that it is erroneous to attribute racist ideas to "the boiling pot of ignorance and hate." Rather, racist ideas stem from racially discriminatory policies.
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency