Originally published 09/19/2017
Appealing to voters' tribal instincts is a time-honored American tradition. Because it works.
Originally published 09/08/2017
One line of attack: He’s playing into the hands of a well-funded conservative campaign to highlight examples of political correctness that distract us from real injustices.
Originally published 12/12/2016
Is Mark Lilla right that liberals need to get beyond identity politics? And just what do we mean by identity politics anyway?
Originally published 12/01/2016
Lilla, a historian at Columbia, argued that the Democratic Party has lost its way by focusing on identity politics.
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89