SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
In her new book Donna Zuckerberg explains how the Alt-Right have adopted the classics and why.
by Audrea Lim
How the 'Model minority" myth blends with racist ideology.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Josephine Livingstone
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
by Jeffrey Herf
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
SOURCE: The Conversation
by George Michael
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- The Exhibit Lauded Freedom of Expression. It Was Silenced.
- What 1860 and 1968 can teach America about the 2020 presidential election
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto introduces bill to honor women’s suffrage with series of new quarters
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through history
- The Hotel Historian Is at Your Service
- 2 New Podcast Episodes Discuss How the Republican Party became the Party of Trump and CIA "Black Sites"
- ‘Karl Marx: Philosophy and Revolution’ Review: On the Marxist Question
- Tony Platt Reviews Simon Schama’s The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age
- Professor Breaks Down U.S. Racism, Trump’s ‘Ugliness’ In 3 Powerful Minutes
- ‘Charles I's Killers in America’ Review: Regicides on the Run