Originally published 01/09/2018
How the 'Model minority" myth blends with racist ideology.
Originally published 10/25/2017
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
Originally published 09/07/2017
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
Originally published 08/13/2017
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Originally published 12/08/2016
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
Originally published 11/29/2016
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- Conservatives are pressing Trump to demand North Korea return the USS Pueblo
- Scholars say it’s time to rethink the way the Holocaust is taught
- Prison records from 1800s Georgia show mass incarceration’s racially charged beginnings
- It’s the 50th anniversary of the day Trump left college and (briefly) faced the draft
- Hitler Did Not Escape to the Moon or Argentina, He’s Still Dead, Study Concludes
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom
- Yuval Noah Harari: Brexit will not halt drive to 'human unification'
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’