SOURCE: Pacific Standard
In her new book, Jessica Wilkerson tells the stories of the radical mountain women who fought against bosses and laid the groundwork for ensuing generations of Appalachian resistance.
SOURCE: The Activist History Review
This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
by Nathan Wuertenberg
He was subjected to anti-Semitic diatribes from people who denied he represented rural America.
Children of Kennedy Democrats are Trump Republicans. And for those inspired by RFK in 1968, what should be a happy anniversary is instead an occasion to puzzle a drastic reversal of political fortune.
SOURCE: New Republic
A conversation with historian Elizabeth Catte, author of a new book that upends narratives about a region that has been dubbed Trump Country
Historian Elizabeth Catte takes on J.D. Vance's memoir "Hillbilly Elegy."
- The U.S. Deported a Million of Its Own Citizens to Mexico During the Great Depression
- Ted Cruz criticizes Tenn. governor for day honoring Confederate general and KKK leader
- Why Trump’s Census Play Is Blatantly Unconstitutional
- Japan, South Korea raise stakes in dispute over forced labor. History helps explain the conflict.
- The President Didn't Always Have Power Over Trade Deals
- A female historian wrote a book. Two male historians went on NPR to talk about it. They never mentioned her name. It’s Sarah Milov.
- Her Book in Limbo, Naomi Wolf Fights Back
- Louie Howland, editor and award-winning maritime historian, dies at 81
- ‘Uncharted Territory’: For Historians Navigating Online Hate, a Scholarly Association Offers a Map
- Smithsonian interested in obtaining migrant children's drawings depicting their time in US custody