Originally published 11/27/2017
Dartmouth’s Douglas Irwin agrees that trade policy is important. But all manner of powers are wrongly laid at its door.
Only twice has the broad direction of trade policy shifted, according to Mr Irwin. Both reconfigurations were triggered by catastrophic events.
Originally published 09/20/2016
Mr. Trump has said that as president he would “rip up” international trade deals. And there’s very little Congress can do to stop him, even if the result is a costly trade war.
- Colombia's former president linked to Medellín drug cartel
- At Quaker library, a grim find: Native American remains in display case
- The spirit of 1968: global perspectives on the student revolution
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- Historian William Polk is alarmed at the latest plan to stabilize Afghanistan
- On Becoming An American Jewish Historian
- Law professor has a theory about the 2nd Amendment historians might want to consider
- Number of history majors is up at community colleges
- Archaeologists are rewriting the history of Arabia