Originally published 09/04/2017
The bloody and confusing history of an American holiday.
Originally published 08/31/2017
Timothy P. Lynch
It happened in Flint, Michigan 80 years ago. We should remember it today. It was American labor’s biggest victory of the 20th century.
Originally published 09/01/2016
It’s because she backed Labor Day – and the involvement of labor in elections.
Originally published 09/06/2010
News and commentary about the holiday.
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90
- Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101