by John Clayton
They want to privatize campgrounds, a surprising contributor to the national park experience.
by Rachel Gross
From the beginning the NPS has been engaged in a massive marketing campaign to convince Americans the parks belong to them.
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?