Blood in the Water
Originally published 11/20/2017
Heather Ann Thompson
Only now are we learning that inmates were used as guinea pigs in an experiment involving the virus that causes leprosy.
Originally published 04/11/2017
The answer is Heather Ann Thompson for her book on the Attica Prison uprising.
Originally published 08/27/2016
Her prize discovery was memos that showed how Nelson Rockefeller hammered out the state’s official version of the tragedy.
- What Happened to the Plan to Put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill?
- What Does Invoking The 25th Amendment Actually Look Like?
- Paul Allen’s team finds wreck of storied USS Helena, torpedoed in 1943
- Israel Celebrates Its 70th Israeli Style: With Rancor and Bickering
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...