Originally published 10/31/2013
But the Japanese prime minister endorsed the continuing presence of U.S. forces in Okinawa.
Originally published 08/21/2016
Jonathan Daniels ‘could have had any benefit he wanted.’ But in 1965 Alabama, the Episcopal seminarian was gunned down while trying to buy a Coke with two black girls.
- Conservatives are pressing Trump to demand North Korea return the USS Pueblo
- Scholars say it’s time to rethink the way the Holocaust is taught
- Prison records from 1800s Georgia show mass incarceration’s racially charged beginnings
- It’s the 50th anniversary of the day Trump left college and (briefly) faced the draft
- Hitler Did Not Escape to the Moon or Argentina, He’s Still Dead, Study Concludes
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom
- Yuval Noah Harari: Brexit will not halt drive to 'human unification'
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’