SOURCE: Bloomberg CityLab
Can the Long-Maligned Cuyahoga River Drive Revitalization in Cleveland?
The river was a central thread in the city's industrial development and growth, and a punchline for its decline. Can it become a place Clevelanders love?
SOURCE: New York Times
Cleveland’s Baseball Team Will Drop the Name "Indians"
“Oh no!” Trump tweeted. “What is going on? This is not good news, even for ‘Indians’. Cancel culture at work!”
Cleveland and Chicago: Cities of Segregation
"Berlin had a wall, but they took to it with hammers and pickaxes and tore it down. Cleveland and Chicago have walls too, but not the kind you can tear down with a pickaxe. They’ve been erected in places that are harder to reach than a river or a street: bitter, entrenched hearts and minds, both black and white, going back for generations, on either side of town."
SOURCE: Washington Post
A gay first lady? Yes, we’ve already had one, and here are her love letters.
A new book, “Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918,” makes it clear that Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple were more than just friends, according to its editors.
SOURCE: The Chicago Tribune
Cleveland's Chief Wahoo: The team’s offensive logo is being downplayed, but still survives.
Cleveland owner Paul Dolan announced earlier this year that a "Block C" would become the team's primary logo.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"