Originally published 01/26/2018
Thousands of Herero people died in a genocide. Why are Herero skulls in the American Museum of Natural History?
It's a question people are only now getting around to asking.
Originally published 08/08/2016
Edwin Black holds an international conference call to answer questions about his investigation of the German massacre of Herero blacks
The call was precipitated by an article published on HNN: "Before Germans Slaughtered Jews They Slaughtered Africans."
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89