When Libertarians Attack
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
I have no idea who produced this, but check out this computer simulation of Hans Hoppe, Tom Palmer, Stephan Kinsella, and Walter Block acting out Blocks negative homesteading theory of innocent shields by trying to kill each other in a bar fight. (Conical hat tip to Geoff Plauché.)
It says third in a series but I didnt succeed in locating the first two.
Since Im on friendly terms with all the participants represented, I of course cant admit to finding it funny ....
I will point out, however, that the Hermann in Hoppes name should have two Ns.
comments powered by Disqus
Anarcho Pacifist Films - 1/10/2008
Greg Newburn - 1/6/2008
oh, my bad. I guess I didn't pay enough attention. Of course, my observation still applies...
Roderick T. Long - 1/6/2008
Actually it's Kinsella, not Hoppe, that Palmer fails to subdue in the video.
Greg Newburn - 1/5/2008
That's a pretty clever video, but the plot is advanced by a wildly implausible premise: that Palmer couldn't take Hoppe in a fight. Even if Hoppe did get the better of him, Palmer's friends would jump in, and then it would be Cato v. Mises. I'm fairly certain Cato would destroy in that battle.
All of that said, "...for argumentation ethics ... for humanity" was pretty funny, and the irony of having Walter Block rely on logic is also a clever twist.
Roderick T. Long - 1/5/2008
One foot in the fever swamp, one foot in the Beltway! On slow nights I sacrifice chickens to a monstrous bloodsoaked idol that is half Abe Lincoln, half Jeff Davis.
Mark Brady - 1/5/2008
"Since I'm on friendly terms with all the participants represented, I of course can't admit to finding it funny ...."
One foot in the fever swamp, eh?
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad