THE LORD OF THE CA-CHINGS
This is typical of the political class' way of thinking, which sees tax breaks as subsidies, as if all money belongs to the state.
comments powered by Disqus
digamma - 1/4/2004
A "tax break" is somewhere between a subsidy and being allowed to keep one's own money. If you're providing tax breaks to particular groups but not to others, while providing the same public services to all, you're effectively subsidizing certain groups at the expense of others.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”