MORE ADVICE ON IRAQ
By the way, both CIA and the American armed forces are routinely underestimating the capabilities of local forces. Remember how the CIA dragged its feet in arming the Northern alliance in Afghanistan? Our refusal to believe the documents we captured which detailed Saddam's plan to continue fighting a guerrilla war is costing us dearly.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”