Hey Kids! It's Constitution Day. Yay!
This blog post was written by Rick Shenkman, the founder of George Washington University’s History News Network, and the author of Political Animals: How Our Stone-Age Brain Gets in the Way of Smart Politics (Basic Books).
It was on this date in 1787 that the delegates to the constitutional convention signed the document that gave us our form of government.
It's not a federal holiday so you may not remember it. But schools like to use the occasion to deliver civics lessons.
Inspired by their example, I am sharing a video I made 25 years ago from my Myth America series.
It's about the founding fathers. It's 30 minutes long.
CLICK HERE ON THE DROPBOX LINK.
(You can watch the other shows in the series I've made available so far by clicking on this Twitter thread.)
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America