The Tragedy of Armenia's First Prime Minister: Too Blunt and Now Forgotten
tags: Armenia,Hovhannes Kajaznuni
Hoping to be the George Washington of the Caucuses, Hovhannes Kajaznuni helped found the first Republic of Armenia one hundred years ago, only to end up trashed by some Armenians as its sniveling Neville Chamberlain, hailed by others as Armenia’s truth-telling Isaiah, but mostly forgotten today.
The Armenian state is one of the world’s youngest, founded after the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991. The Armenian people, however, trace their history back 3,000 years – and should be celebrating the centenary of their Republic, founded in May, 1918.
Many compare Armenians to Jews – both proud venerable peoples bonded to ancient homelands surrounded by hostile neighbors. World War I proved treacherous for Armenians as many neighbors imploded – and their region exploded....
comments powered by Disqus
- How to Make Jim Jordan Talk about January 6? Ask Jefferson Davis
- The Void That Critical Race Theory Was Created to Fill
- 95% of Capitol Sculptures Depict Men. Will That Change Soon?
- Southern Children Need to Hear the Truth about History
- Is a Group of New Deal Descendants Influencing the Biden Administration?