2010 Cliopatria Award Nominations
Look for the announcement of the winners in January at Cliopatria
The Cliopatria Awards recognize the best history writing in the blogosphere. There will be awards in six categories:
Cliopatria, as host of the awards, is ineligible for the"Best Group Blog" category. Individual judges are ineligible for nomination in their respective categories, but may be nominated for other awards. Judges may also make nominations in other categories.
Bloggers, blogs and posts may be nominated in multiple categories. Individuals may nominate any number of specific blogs, bloggers or posts, even in a single category, as long as the nominations include all the necessary information (names, titles, URLs, etc).
Nominations will be open through November; judges will make the final determinations in December. The winners will be announced at the American Historical Association Annual Meeting in early January 2011; winners will be listed on HNN and earn the right to display the Cliopatria Awards Logo on their blog.
Judges for 2010 are: Joseph Adelman, Aaron Bady, Edward Cavanagh, Jonathan Dresner, Rick Herrera, Lucy Inglis, Ian Lekus, Andrew Seal, David Silbey.
Previous winners can be seen here.
comments powered by Disqus
- A Brief History of GOP Attempts to Kill the Education Dept.
- New York Is Building a New Monument to Women’s History—And It Wants the Public’s Help
- Charleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave Trade
- With 'America First,' Trump Challenges The World Constructed After World War II
- Newly Discovered ‘Limb Pit’ Reveals Civil War Surgeons’ Bitter Choices
- Conservative Mark Bauerlein says humanities faculty are in denial about their own role in the decline of the humanities
- President Trump Is Looking for Suggestions for Pardons
- Black history is still largely ignored, 70 years after Empire Windrush reached Britain
- Senegal historian decries long shadows of colonialism
- “As if George Wallace had won in 1968″