Fox News to show 'Path to 9/11' outtakes, but doubts remainBreaking News
The footage is scheduled to air Sunday as part of "Hannity's America," the Los Angeles Times reported. It depicts former National Security Adviser Samuel Berger refusing to approve a CIA request to attack Osama bib Laden, an episode that Berger and the Sept. 11 Commission both didn't happen.
The miniseries that aired on ABC in September retained the scene, but it was toned down following complaints from several sources, including top Democrats.
Fox News obtained the footage this month at a meeting of a local chapter of the World Affairs Council in Camarillo, Calif., at which Cyrus Nowrasteh, who wrote and produced "The Path to 9/11," was a speaker. Fox also plans to use video from the speech in Sunday's show, the newspaper said.
"This movie was a completely false piece of right-wing propaganda when it was on ABC," said Jay Carson, a spokesman for former President Bill Clinton, "and it will be exactly the same on Fox if they make the unfortunate choice to air it, though it should be right at home."
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism