Thomas S. Kidd on the Hypocrisies of Thomas JeffersonHistorians in the News
tags: racism, Thomas Jefferson, founders
Thomas Jefferson helped define our American values, but his actions didn’t always match his words. Thomas S. Kidd, research professor of church history at Midwestern Theological Baptist Seminary, joins guest host John McCaa to discuss the ways the Founding Father diverged from his own moral compass, from owning enslaved people to religion, and how it complicates the portrait of a man we know from history books. His book is called “Thomas Jefferson: A Biography of Spirit and Flesh.”
(click through to source for audio)
comments powered by Disqus
- An Open Letter from Historians In Support of Railway Workers
- Historian Sarah Federman Tracks French National Railway's Role in Holocaust Transport
- Can the UC Strike Remake Higher Education?
- Trump Keeps Boosting White Supremacists
- Adam Smith Resolved the Identity-Distribution Debate—Why Is it Forgotten?