Wuppertal Schwebebahn 1902 & 2015 Side By Side VideoBreaking News
tags: Berlin, urban history
When I found these two videos: https://youtu.be/EQs5VxNPhzk filmed in 1902 https://youtu.be/DgfRq4kEFro recorded in 2015 I realized it might be possible to line them up side by side to get an impression of what have changed after 113 years. The left video is left intact and I tried to line up the corresponding scenes in the right one by cutting and manipulating framerates. The duplicated frames in the right video are also present in the original and makes it a bit jerky. I made this just for fun and did not aim for a 100% match but it is still possible to see how buildings etc. have changed over time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?